Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Lamp Post

A lonely lamp post
On an abandoned street
Surrounded by dust
Where we shall meet

Its light still shines
In the darkening day
And here I wait
And here I stay

Homes that are no more
Fallen and covered by time
I sit and wait for you
Well beyond the time

But you never come
On that lonely night
Or any others
That I may sight

But like that lonely lamp post
In a desolate land
I’ll wait for you
Just as we had planned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home