Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Wooded Trail

I walked the woods the other day
And could not help but think of you
Mossy timbers with scents that play
Reminding me of you

This winding train of pure delight
From high above come rays of light
But somehow it doesn’t seem quite right
For I am missing you

A wondering stream runs across
Reminding me of my loss
Across it lays a log with moss
And I am missing you

In the distance birds sing their songs
Reminding me of my wrongs
Nothing seems as it belongs
Because I am missing you

And if you read this perhaps you’ll know
Of the love I cannot show
And like this trail, in life we go
I’ll always be in love with you

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home