Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Place I Once Called Home

Oh fetid nest
Of homeward bound
Ye putrid waste
Where all is found
My will shudders in great despair

Rancid groves
Of loathsome soil
Where noxious vermin
In reeking toil
I stop, whither and stare

How came this place
This mephitic abode
This once green land
Where happiness flowed
When I left to work and roam

Now I'm back
To this noisome folly
Finding rancid
What I once found jolly
A place I knew as home

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen'
LITTLE, BROWN; 309 Pages; $23.95 At the beginning of the memoir "Julie & Julia," we find Julie Powell on the verge of an emotional meltdown.
I was just surfing and found your site! I think you'll be interested in this related website.card They have a fantastic selection.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home