Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Adventure

Trees and leaves pass me by, a wonderful blur of green
But hidden below at a slow pace are animals left unseen

A thickening fog envelops us
Those of us who ride this bus

And we're transported far away
Where we've gone none can say

The ride's more bumpy, an old dirt road
And on the hill, a king's abode

A lofty castle on a mountain top
With circling dragons that never stop

But on we go to a little town
And there we're greeted without a frown

To women and children and old men too
Who invite us all to a big to-do

We park the bus and go to the inn
Where people eat and play within

And I hear a sad tale of the Princess of dale
And how she was captures and held for sale

With no one to rescue her she sits in a tower
Guarded by dragons she waits by the hour

Moved by the story I ask for supplies
And look for help, someone to advise

They tell of a dungeon with an entrance that is hidden
That few even know of so I can enter unbidden

So donning my armor, I leave right away
With a bow and a sword in case I must slay

A dragon they told me? Well that just can’t be!
Dragon’s aren’t real, they’re just fantasy!

I rode to the castle, under the cover of dark
And found the back entrance and began to embark

Down through the dungeons I began to explore
Searching all over for stairs and a door

Suddenly lights and noise came my way
It looked like there were guards that I surely must slay

I hid on the side so that I just might get past
I just about made it, but the saw me at last

They pulled out their swords and with blood in their eyes
And ran at me fully in an attempt to surprise

But I had a trick, a surprise of my own
A big bag of marbles on the floor I had thrown

Down on the floor, the guards all went
Their energy and courage had all been spent

It took me not time to take care of them all
I tied them all up after their fall

Then I picked up my marbles and onwards I went
For the princess my heroism I would present

Stairs at last, and up I did go
Making sure that no guards were above or below

I went through the hall all stuffed full of treasure
I took a gold staff just for good measure

I tied on a string, it was just the thing
I might need in case guards were in the wing

Everywhere I went I carefully checked
The guards were much closer than I did expect

So slowly and carefully I rolled out the staff
And lured the guards and cut them in half

I ran up the stairs to the towers top
The princess was there but I could not stop

A dragon was there all scaly and red
With fire in his eyes, I thought I was dead

Quickly I lunged, the dragon was surprised
I was not as afraid as he had surmised

He tried to bit me, I jumped over his tail
His bite sunk quite soundly as I heard him wail

I then took a slice a the back of his neck
I hit him quite good, and then hit the deck

For smoke was coming from each gaping hole
As if the dragon had been filled up with coal

I struck yet again and again
I struck at him more with total disdain

And when I stopped and noticed he’s dead
I chopped one again, severing his head

Then the princess and I did speedily leave
Our freedom we quickly sought to achieve

The guards were all running all filled with dread
The guards quite scared now that the dragon was dead

And we rode off to town at a quarter to eight
With the princesses return we did celebrate

Then back on the bus we finally went
Our adventures were over I began to lament

And sometimes I wonder under dark starry skies
About all of those friends and our long sad goodbyes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home