Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Lagniappe

The lord has blessed us
With so many things
Eyes to see
A tongue that sings

Ear to hear
A small bird’s song
The gurgling brook
We walk along

Yet blessed as I am
He gives me still more
He has for me
A lagniappe in store

At the day’s close
I look at the sky
And a beautiful sunset
Catches my eye

Streams of gold
In a deepening blue
Clouds of red
And pink I view

Then one by one
Tiny motes of light
Light up the sky
The stars I sight

And to light my way home
He gives me the moon
God’s artful presence
On a night in June

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home