Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Trapped

Trapped in a room
Without any walls
And no one around
To hear my calls

No heavy ceiling
But it still holds me in
Just a dirty old floor
And a dry bottle of gin

But here I am stuck
Trapped in this room
I can see out fine
But no windows entomb

Sitting here in
This place all alone
Once it was grand
And I sat on a throne

But they have all left me
And the throne’s gone now too
Nothing is left
And my days are too few

But who will mourn me
When I am not here
Will anyone notice
Not likely, I fear

For life is a journey
For others, I guess
While I sit here trapped
In a room that’s a mess

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kestrel said...

that defines the feeling quite well. as always, your words work for me. you are marvelous, thank you, Kes

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home