Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Friday, January 07, 2011

Salvation for the Sinner

Motivated for right
Motivated for wrong
Motivated to write
And sing this song

So many things that I
Have done so wrong
Wishing to do right
To go along

The path to heaven
The path to hell
We try to do good
But do so well

The things that I want
And the things that I do
Don’t always match
We know that it’s true

So help me along
This rocky road
This burden of wrong
I need to unload

Salvation seems
The thing that I need
I look up to God
I beg and I plead

He shows me the way
With mercy and grace
He takes me to
His sacred place

And I am finally safe

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kestrel said...

lovely. Kestrel

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home