Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Surreal days

Surreal days
Like visions gone astray
New life new beginning
What comes this brand new day

And odd kind of strangeness surrounds me
With mystery to seduce and keep me in
These darkened rooms won’t let me free
Playing never to win

Stars spin ahead
Those glowing points of light
Drawing pictures in the air
Of things that delight

But vapor is all they are
There’s nothing here for me
Though temping and so seemingly divine
I know they cannot be

So I sit in this room
Of strange times to come
I hear them in the distance
Like the sound of the beating drum

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home