Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A Sailing Adventure With You

Summer sailing
Alone with you
I the captain
You the crew

To forgotten islands
Far from view
Life's adventure
For me and you

We find ourselves
A treasure map
You sit and read it
On my lap

We sail around
For a day or so
Figuring out
Which way to go

Till at sunset
We find that place
Me at the helm
And you in lace

We spend the night
On pure white sand
Walking together
Hand in hand

We find a grotto
Safe and nice
Passionate dinner
You're my spice

Making love
Till the moon comes out
Safe and happy
Without a doubt

And in the morning
We follow through
To find the treasure
Just me and you

We travel into
Jungles thick
Into a cave
We know the trick

A secret passage
Dark and long
But something feels off
And kind of wrong

I search around a
And find a trap
Find cloth and stone
Our feet to wrap

Then travel down
Once again
Our feet now safe
From tearing skin

And come upon
A forgotten door
Solve the puzzle
Then to the floor

As a bolder
Tumbles past
And the forgotten door
Opens at last

To a room
Filled with gold
Gems and Jewels
And treasures old

After we sit
And take our rest
I take a look
At the treasure best

And I see you.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home