Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Change in Preferences

I went to the beach last night after work
I walked alone in the dark next to the logs
The crashing wave nearby

I used to go nearly every day
To my lovely beach
The crashing waves
The fresh salt air
Hand in hand
Walking on logs and sand
With the one I love

But now I only go alone

I went to a dance club not so long ago
To dance and feel the beat
But she was not there to dance with me

We used to love to dance
Close to each other
Toe to toe
Face to face
Swaying to the beat
In beautiful harmony
As one with energy and twirls

But now I dance alone

She doesn’t enjoy going out
To the sound of the crashing waves
The feel of sand or logs under her feet
She doesn’t enjoy going out
To the sound of music ringing in our ears
Close to one another
Moving to the beat

She prefers to stay home
Eyes glued to the monitor of the computer or TV
Seeking to remove her-self from the world around

Seeking to be alone

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad love, :(

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home