Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Companions

My companions have gone
In a beautiful way
They have the ones they love

As our lives are drawn
There’s little to say
But give thanks to the Lord above

Nikki’s with Matt
The man whom she loves
A man who loves her too

And Loren’s with Rich
The man whom she loves
So what am I to do

But be happy for them
Who have found their mates
For love measures deep
And love never hates

And gives away
To those who care
And seeks to never own

You can never make stay
And must always be fair
Even if it leaves you alone

For now I will be alone, but happy for them

The wise proverb says:
Set those free whom you love
If they return, they are yours
If they do not, it was never meant to be

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not alone anymore

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are not lonely my friend. I wish I had been a better friend to you, but just had too much drama in my life to appreciate what a truly sweet and kind person you are. I hope you might guess who this is from, and know that I never meant it to seem that I judged you. You are a wonderful person. I wish you only the best always. Cheer up dear, you are lovely, and even though I screwed up being your friend, I know you will have many, many friends who are there for you, as you were there for me. I am not ungrateful my friend even though it may have seemed so. Take care. :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home