Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Life Strivings

There are three things I strive for in life:

  • To help others - Compassion
  • To bring joy and happiness into the lives of other people
  • To add value to other people’s lives

Unlike some, I do not try to do these things on a grand scale. While the grand scale can be helpful and moving for many people, I have found that I am often not capable of pulling off these grand scale, life-changing events. For me it is the little things in life where I find my ability to help and bring joy: The kind and encouraging word, the happy attitude, the little bit of advice that I can offer, having people live with me so that they can help re-make their lives, like my brother in-law. In the long run, I think that while things done on a grand scale are nice, doing things on a smaller scale makes the help more personable, and therefore more powerful and lasting.

One of the things that I have learned in life is that people get so beaten down by life and what happens around them that they often loose confidence in themselves, their direction, and life itself, even if they seem to be doing well. I have found that simple words of encouragement, levity and prayer can often help.

In doing these things, and listening to the movements of the holy spirit within me, I beleive I am serving God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home