Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mother Said There Would Be Days Like This

Mother said there would be days like this
Working from seven to nine
Cooking and cleaning and serving all day
twelve hours a day would be fine

But fourteen it is
And work I must
People to feed
And my ass to bust

Till the end of the day
And the store is closed
The tables cleaned
And trash disposed

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kestrel said...

Too cool; and so very true, My sons now have a copy to hang in their kitchen at work. You really weren't telling tales when you said you did restuarant in the past. Thank you,kind sir. Kestrel

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home