Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

What Matters

What matters most to you?
Another football game?
Money and possessions?
Power or fame?

These things seem so small,
At least they do to me,
I’d rather serve my lord,
And live with humility.

I really like to walk with him
Every single day
And when he asks me to do something
I happily obey

And someday I will be with him,
In heaven I’ll be,
And all the things I’ve left behind,
Will no longer matter to me.

Set your mind on higher things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home