Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Off To Battle

Teary eyed evenings
And long labor-some days
Long days and lonely nights
Looming nearer
With each passing moment
And here we sit
In uncomfortable silence
Waiting for the inevitable
Time to leave
To fight the battles once again
For God and country
Our nation’s security
Yet still I have to leave
The one’s I love
Never to know
If I will ever return
To their desperate
Hugs and kisses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home