Thoughtful Thoughts of a Common Man

Thoughts and stories and poems: philosophical, romantic and imaginative. (All works here are origional copy righted material.)

Name:

I am currently in an artistic / philosophical stage of life where I spend time contemplating various aspects of life and creating artwork to communicate some of the thoughts and ideas that I have.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Color of Words

Pink and purple
White and grey
Swirl around
My head all day

Black and green
Red and blue
Go here and there
And tumble through

They come in fast
But soon retreat
And color my world
A daring feat

These poems I write
They come to me
Not so hard
But naturally

Inside my head
The wiggle and play
So many words
It’s hard to say

They color my life
A wonderful toy
Some to bring happiness
And some to bring joy

Some words are dark
Like the darkest of nights
Filled with cries
And terrible frights

Some words are light
Like the brightest day
And make you go out
And dance and play

These words they tumble
All around
Inside my head
They make a sound

To get them out
I write them down
Bringing smiles to others
A glorious crown

All these words
Are part of me
Look deep inside
And you will see….

The real me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home